Friday, June 29, 2012

Sosa underground Delphic perfecto

Sosa Underground


Just acquired a generous sampler from Sosa family cigars and couldn't wait to light one up. I chose the underground Delphic to be the first to get smoked. It's beautiful oily wrapper has smooth seams and very light veins. Pre light draw was firm but to the point of needing attention. It lit with little effort and I am in love from first draw. The full bodied smoke is medium in strength and very pleasant. There is distinct nuttiness and creamy notes that spring out front with a slight hint of sweet cedar. The aftertaste from each puff resembles pecans to me. Ash is very tight with virtually no flaking and is a beautiful light gray. The second third is more of the buttery cream and nuttiness with a hint of earth creeping in. Remains very smooth and creamy throughout the burn with a very even burn no touch up at all needed and I am anal about even burn. The second half of this stick has brought a bit of pepper and coffee to my attention but is very subtle and enjoyable. I see this being my 30th birthday celebration cigar this year. So tasty,smooth, and creamy MSRP is around 6.50 a stick but worth so much more. Stay tuned for more sosa cigars on review and a visit to their shop in Florida while on the family vacation in may. I plan to post pictures if they will let me take a few and review the shop as a whole. If I can sneak away I will try to get by their cigar bar as well. This cigar was generously donated to me by Sosa family cigars so that I could have my first taste of Sosa cigars and share my findings here. Thanks again Sosa family! These can be found at www.cigarstix.com and www.podmancigars.com

Taken from the Antillian cigars website:
Each cigar is handmade in Little Havana, FL. 
Sosa Underground is a full-bodied cigar and made with a Nicaraguan Habano wrapper.  The cigars are packaged in boxes of twenty with a logo designed by a local Miami tattoo artist created solely for the Sosa family and available in three sizes. 

Sosa Underground
Wrapper
Habano Nicaraguan Wrapper
Binder & Filler
Nicaraguan
Flavor
Full Bodied

Cigar Sizes

Name
Size

Arcane (perfecto)
4 ¾ x 41

Delphic (perfecto)
5 ½ x 41

Dar (robusto)
5 x 50


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment