Friday, June 29, 2012

Punch Deluxe Chateau L (7.25" x 54)



OK so this is not exactly a budget brand but I grabbed one of these 5 buck sticks in a sampler pack from Cigars International. The pre-light draw was good and sweet. Upon lighting this I realized exactly why they are pricey. This is medium body cigar heaven. Although it is a medium-full body smoke it is incredibly smooth. I have smoked almost every punch offering with the exception of the uppercut. All have been exceptional smokes. the burn was very even and required no touch ups at all. It abounded with earthy cedar tones and light notes of honey sweetness. The flavor and strength was pretty consistent throughout. 7.25" is a pretty big smoke but I had the time on hand today and wanted to start the day off with a nice gar. I don't see me stocking the humidor with these any time soon but only because I have a 500 cap humidor and it would cost just over 2500 bucks to stock full of these. If I had 500 given to me then yes I would probably stock it to the top with these. Cigars International is selling them in boxes of 25 for 128.60 at the time of this post. Here is the link if you would like to snag a box while they are on sale.
I will absolutely be picking up at least one more of these samplers before it changes or becomes unavailable. the offering for the price is phenomenal and chock full of big brands at right at 2.50 a stick.
Here is the link to the sampler I purchased this one in.
The CI Sizzler Sampler No. 8 includes:
1 - CAO America Potomac (5" x 56)
1 - Cohiba Red Dot Churchill (7" x 49)
1 - Pinar del Rio Habano Sun Grown Robusto (5" x 54)
1 - Man O’ War Ruination Robusto #1 (5.5" x 54)
1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A (5" x 56)
1 - Macanudo Cru Royale Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Punch Deluxe Chateau L (7.25" x 54)
1 - Pinar del Rio Oscuro Robusto (5.5" x 54)
1 - Man O’ War Virtue Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Partagas Padre (6" x 50)
1 - Pinar del Rio Clasico Robusto (5.5" x 54)
1 - La Gloria Cubana Churchill (7" x 50)
1 - Diesel Unholy Cocktail (5" x 56)
1 - Obsidian Robusto (5.5" x 54)
1 - La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro (6.5" x 50)
1 - Pinar del Rio Seleccion 2011 Robusto (5.5" x 54)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment