Friday, June 29, 2012

xikar 250 crystal humidifier


I mentioned these in the review for the medici 400 but I believe they deserve their own special mention. I upgraded from the two 20 cap humidors I was using to allow me to age sticks a little better before firing them up. The medici came with the 2 foam elements but RH was fluctuating so bad I feared the 500+ cigars i stuffed into it would either dry out or plump up and bust open like a ball park frank in the microwave. I looked into the bag of crystal beads to fill the existing elements but decided I was honestly too dang lazy to go through the trouble. I ordered 2 of the Xikar 250 crystal elements and after filling them and waiting a minute or 2 I was amazed at how they had drank in all the Xikar PG solution I had poured in. there was no dripping or leaking. the magnets are affixed in such a way that you don't have to worry about the element letting go and dropping onto your sticks. I had one of the foam ones drop down and soak a couple of my sticks in PG solution, needless to say I was less than thrilled. I refresh the Xikar elements about every 45 days and my RH stays between 69 and 72%. I couldn't be more pleased! I plan to add a 125 or 150 cap in the future and do away with the two 20 caps altogether. When that day comes there will be a xikar crystal element in it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment