Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whitetail Glasstop humidor


I ran across a deal I coudn't pass up on CigarsInternational.com. It was for a whitetail glasstop humidor and 10 sticks for the "no freakin way" price of 29.99. That is below the regular price of the humidor alone, so I jumped at it. I received it in the mail 3 or 4 days after ordering and immediately seasoned the humidor. I also grabbed a ziplock bag and calibrated the hygrometer using the salt method. I left it to do it's thing and after returning home from work the next day it was ready to go. I left a already calibrated hygrometer in the hole while seasoning to be sure of when the RH stabilized inside. I used a crystal jar humidifier and a shotglass of distilled water to season it overnight. Some might say that is overkill but if the box was thirsty I wanted it to be able to get plenty to drink. I stuffed 50 cigars in it and waited to see if the RH would hold. 9 days later I can report it's holding at 69-70%, when I can stay out of it. It came with a divider which is my only gripe about the box. I wanted to place the divider in the middle but due to the protruding hygrometer it has to be placed just to the left or right of the unit. I know that's no big deal but it bugs me just a tad. Other than that one thing, I have no complaints. I bought cigars and the box was pretty much a freebie. I now have one more humi to add to Mount Humidor and it does it's job of protecting my sticks. Even at full price this box is worth it, in my opinion. I should mention it came with the metal ring hygrometer and a floral foam type humidifier element, which I replaced with a CI bead type element and threw the foam one in a drawer. The bead type requires less babysitting and to me just works better. The normal retail price on this box is 39.99 from Cigars International and very much worth that. It looks good, holds humidity, and I can peek in on my smokes without messing without opening the box.



2 comments:

  1. Best selection i m really impress with your content and very useful it. supperMarMen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the 50 capacity Whitetail glass top humidor. I saw all different types of videos and everybody had a different way I took the Home. I dropped it in distilled water for five minutes. I put a shot glass of distilled water for a week now the thing went from 40 to 50 to 54 to 59. I opened it up the top and it dropped to 51. I redid the whole thing and it went up to 59 and that's the highest that ever went what can I do to bring it up to 68-70° this is my first humidor ever and I'm disgusted because everyone has a different way some people said wet the inside I brought it to a professional and he told me don't do that it's frustrating. Will it ever get up to the right temperature

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment