Sunday, July 1, 2012

Macanudo Cru Royal Robusto (5x50)

Today was a wonderful almost lazy Sunday. I had a meeting this morning for my business I own. Some of you may already know, but along with my day job I also have my own photography business. I met with a super sweet couple to talk with them about their wedding coming up in August. We sat for about an hour as she showed me some photos she wanted to replicate and my wife and I got to know them. I was amazed that the wedding is so close and they are not at each other's throats. When me and the wife were planning our wedding we almost wanted to kill each other before the wedding day finally arrived. All the stress and trying to make sure everything is perfect for your big day can really strain a relationship. As we wrapped up our meeting and headed about our day I started thinking about when I would get the chance to enjoy a cigar. I have been trying to get away from my usual rotation of favorites to get some new reviews posted. It seemed like a great night to give the Macanudo Cru Royal a review. As my usual nightly ritual goes we got little man snug in his bed and time to smoke was finally here. I grabbed my little pouch of tools and my favorite over-sized cup full of filtered ice water and out to front patio I went. There was a weather advisory that beeped on my phone letting me know it was now or wait till the next available chance. 
    The wrapper on the Cru Royal was a dark brown Ecuadoran Habano with small light veins. Pre-light aroma was of a earthy spice. I grabbed my scissors and gave the cap a snip. Pre-light draw was spot on and had a earthy woodiness to it. Lighting was a breeze with the faithful single flame torch. A earthy cedar tone took over the initial light and continued through the first third, they were also joined by a light coffee and spice with a hint of toasty caramel to the finish. Burning evenly so far as I went into the second third, in which the earthy tone started to fade and the coffee and spice became more prevalent along with the occasional hint of cocoa. As I neared the half way point the ash was still holding on (at around 2.5" when it fell) and had a nice light gray color to it. The second third started to bring a nice tingly spice to the finish along with a unexpected sweetness. The final third was more of the second with the a boost in the spice and slight kick in the body. overall a nice medium body smoke at an attractive price point. burn was even throughout with only a couple of minor corrections. Available for around 27.00 for a 5 pack on famous-smoke, this is definitely a smoke to check out if you like the earthy flavor profiles. 

MACANUDO CRÜ ROYALE

Wrapper:Ecuadoran Habano
Filler:Dominican, Brazilian, Nicaraguan
Binder:La Vega Especial (Dominican Republic)
Country:Dominican Republic
Factory:General Cigar Dominicana
The History:
Crü Royale is the result of masterful blending by the legendary Benji Menendez who guided his team of cigar masters including Francisco Rodriguez, general manager of General Cigar Dominicana.
The Cigar:
Dressed in Ecuadoran Habano and bound with a proprietary Dominican “La Vega Especial” leaf, Macanudo Crü Royale is the result of masterful blending by the legendary Benji Menendez. The Dominican and Nicaraguan viso leaves mingle with Brazilian Mata Fina to invoke an aromatic smoke that opens with complex flavor and rewards the smoker with a long, clean finish.
The Experience:
Handcrafted with exotic tobaccos exclusive to General Cigar and developed expressly for the discerning smoker who demands a uniquely satisfying medium-bodied smoking experience, Macanudo Crü Royale’s blend speaks of balance.











  Lonsdale | Length: 6.5 | Ring: 42 | Natural
  Gigante | Length: 6 | Ring: 60 | Natural
  Toro | Length: 6 | Ring: 54 | Natural
  Robusto | Length: 5 | Ring: 50 | Natural
  Poco Gordo | Length: 4 | Ring: 60 | Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment