Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Independence Day!


The family and I just got back home from watching the fireworks. It was a great show this year due to the complaints about the cities lack of flare the previous year. My 3 year old quickly lost interest in the exploding show in the sky and wanted to watch the in car DVD player. I know he doesn't understand the reason for all the celebration and fireworks but it reminded me that when he is old enough to understand I need to make sure he does. in doing this it will help me to remember the reason as well. I have friends I went to high school with that laid down their lives in combat and a dozen or so more that came back from Iraq and Afghanistan much different than they were when they were deployed. We should always remember that freedom isn't free, it carries a price tag of blood, sweat, and tears.  The lives that were lost in the pursuit of our nations freedom should never be forgotten. We should also thank those who have fought for our nation and made it home. We don't know what sort of hell on earth they saw while on foreign soils, most I know don't like to talk about it. I am proud to call this great nation my home and extend my thanks to all of those who have served to protect it. I never got the chance to serve my nation due to being born with double club foot. The three corrective surgeries performed in my childhood repaired the condition but left my feet more brittle than most. For this fact I was turned away from the armed services. So to all those currently serving or who have served, I salute you and thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment