Monday, November 5, 2012

Lip Protection

It seems that fall is getting ready to turn to winter, with temperatures in my neck of the woods dropping into the low 40's at night. If you are like me, your main time to smoke is when everyone else in the house has retired to bed. The low temperatures coupled with wind will dry your lips out pretty fast. I used to use chap-stick but even the non-flavored has a flavor and it effects the flavor of my smoke. Let's face it, if you wear green apple chapstick you are going to taste it may prevent you from noticing some of the nuanced flavor notes in your cigar. I found the perfect solution last year and since it's getting cold again I figured I would share it with you. Vaseline Lip Therapy works wonders! It stays on the lips longer than ordinary chapstick type products and has absolutely no flavor to impart to your stick. It comes in a handy pocket-sized tub and is perfect to keep on hand in your pocket or if you have a "smoking bag". I keep all of my smoking accessories in a small aluminum carrying case and this has it's very own slot. It can be found most anywhere that carries lip balm or chapstick and will last for a good bit longer than a tube of chapstick. I hope this helps any of you out there this winter that battle the cold as you try to enjoy your premium stick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment