Friday, November 2, 2012

C&C Connecticut Toro (6x52)


C & C CigarsCigars, Premium Cigars, Buy Cigars Online, Accessories | StogieBoys
I was contacted by stogieboys.com awhile back, they asked if I would be interested in doing a few reviews for them on some of the new products they were getting in. Smoke a cigar and write a review? I am in! They sent me some of the C&C LRMD and the C&C Connecticut to try out. After a week or so worth of rest the time has come to give them a go. First up for review is the C&C Connecticut. For those unfamiliar with C&C it is a brand launched  by Joe Chiusano, a name you might recognize from the Cusano brand. As usual I won't get into too much brand information, I know you really just want to know how it smoked. The wrapper is a Ecuadorean Connecticut which houses a Dominican binder and filler. The rustic looking wrapper has minimal veins and is a caramel light brown color. The body offers scents of hay with a touch of sweetness and the foot offers the aroma of molasses. The body is firm and well packed with very little give. I clipped the triple cap with my Xikar MTX and found cold draw to near perfect with notes of sweet field grass. I used my single flame pocket torch to toast the foot and get things going. The Initial third opens with notes of hay and toasted nuts. After about half an inch some butter notes and light notes of cedar join the mix along with a natural sweetness. The finish is long and nutty and there is a decent amount of peppery spice to the retrohale. Going into the second third the body kicks up a notch as an earthy spice emerges and moves to the foreground. The toasted nut flavors are still present but the hay has started to retreat to the background. As I start the final third I noticed some light coffee notes starting to make themselves known as the earthiness  and toasted nut is joined by woody cedar. The body was mild-medium for the entirety of the burn and the smoke maintained a nice creaminess. The ash held close to two inches at a time and was a medium gray in color. I have been adding a lot more Connecticut wrapped sticks to the review list lately and honestly have started to turn my opinion around on them. This was a very flavorful cigar with enough body to satisfy my full body craving palate. This would be a great cigar for a change of pace from a heavier smoke and also great for the cigar newbie. Stogieboys has these available in singles, 5 packs, and boxes of 18. Thanks again to Sheryl at stogieboys.com for providing the sticks for this review. The C&C LRMD review can be found HERE








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment