Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!!

I know it's a bit late, but Happy New Year anyways. The past year has been a difficult one for me and my family. The first part of 2013 I couldn't seem to get rid of the sinus crud long enough to smoke a cigar. By the time I got well (many doctors visits and shots in the rear later) several loses hit our family. With my wife losing a grandparent on both sides of her family and me losing my grandmother, I decided to take a break from social media and the blog for awhile. I didn't intend on my break lasting until 2014 but sometimes you just have to make time for family. On a brighter note, last August we welcomed our second child into the world. If you didn't see the review on the Alec Bradley "It's a Girl" cigars, it was indeed a healthy baby girl. 

With the new year already upon us I have made some resolutions to get this blog trucking again and to try to redeem myself to my readers. I was all but ready to give it up when my wife, with her loving wisdom, told me if I enjoyed it then I should keep doing it. I know my number of reviews from 2012 dwarf my review count for 2013 and I hope to go above and beyond in 2014. I am brainstorming on some ideas for a giveaway to be annouced in th next few months ad have started my list of cigars I absolutely  want to get reviewed in the new year.

I didn't smoke enough different cigars to feel qualified to put a best of list together for 2013. When I did find time to smoke, I didn't take tasting notes and really just sat in thought.  Hopefully my hiatus hasn't hurt me too bad and you should see me starting to make more and more appearances on twitter and cigarfederation.com. If you haven't checked out cigarfederation in awhile, I highly recommend dropping by. There is a large group of great cigar smokers there and they are super friendly.

I had minor surgery just a few days ago, I won't go into what kind, but hope to get back in the cigar reviewing sadle very soon. Now to find that perfect balance where neither my hobby nor my family suffers from lack of my attention. Until next post, keep your feet toasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment