Saturday, October 27, 2012

Camacho Coyolar Puro Rothschild (4.5x50)


I honestly don't recall where I ordered these from, I am sure that it was online but can't remember what site. I got a 5 pack and let them rest for about 4 months before firing them up. The Camacho Coyolar Puro is a Honduran Puro and all tobacco used to make them is grown on the Coyolar farm in Honduras. It boast enough body to make even the seasoned smoker say WOW. So let's see if it lives up to the claim. As stated before the wrapper, binder, and filler are all from honduras. The wrapper offered the scent of strong tobacco and barnyard, with the foot offering the smell of mildly sweet and rich tobacco. I clipped the cap with my Xikar MTX and found the draw to be near perfect with notes of semi-sweet cocoa. The body of the cigar is tightly packed with no soft spots and minimal veins on the oily med-dark brown wrapper. I used my old single flame pocket torch to toast the foot and get things going with no problems. The Initial third hits the ground running with a ton of flavor and a nice med-full strength. The flavors I noticed in the first third were earth, cinnamon, and leather with mild notes of molasses. The finish is long and nutty with a nice tingle left on the palate. There is a nice helping of spice on the retrohale but nothing that makes retrohale uncomfortable. It's actually very smooth for the amount of body and flavor that it has going. Going into the second third the spice becomes more of a black peppercorn and some toasted nut notes join the mix. The smoke takes on a buttery creaminess and the leather and cinnamon are still present. The body kicks up to a solid full as the second third started. Going into the final third rich coffee notes take the spotlight. The black peppercorn and toasted nut flavors are still present, and the cinnamon and leather are still present in the background. The Coyolar Puro produced a plethora of smoke for my enjoyment. The ash held tight to over 2 inches and, actually, put up a heck of a fight when I tried to ash it out of fear of it falling into my lap. The verdict on this one is YES it does live up to it's strenght claims. It is a stout smoke I wouldn't recommend for someone's first cigar. It was strong but smooth and never at anytime harsh. The construction was superb and the burn was spot on with no corrections or relights needed. I have a couple of these left in the humidor and I am interested to see what they smoke like after some more aging. The price point on these is around 6 bucks a stick. If you like the strong smokes, like I do, I believe this one will be right up your alley. www.famous-smoke.com has these in a 5 pack for 30 bucks HERE and also available in a variety of sampler offerings.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment