Saturday, January 5, 2013

Perdomo Cuban Bullet 2.0 Maduro Robusto (5x50)

Here is a name that is synonymous with quality in the cigar world. I have never had a Perdomo cigar that was harsh or had a bad draw. I have enjoyed everyone I have smoked to date, so I figured I would see how the value priced Cuban bullet cigars would perform.

The dark brown wrapper had a touch of oil to it with only small veins. It was firm and well packed with no soft spots or flaws to speak of. The body offered notes of cocoa and barnyard and the foot offered notes of cocoa and rich tobacco. I used my new Xikar Xi2 cutter to clip the expertly applied cap and found a perfect draw with notes of cocoa and light earthy notes. I used the Xikar Executive II single flame torch that I won in the "holiday spirit photo contest" to toast the foot and get things started with no problems.

The Initial third opens with cocoa and coffee notes. There is a fair amount of spice especially on the retrohale and a nice mild sweetness to compliment it.
Finish is long and has a warm nuttiness.
As I progress into the first third the spice calms a bit as the the flavors really start to pop. The draw is perfect just I expected it to be with it being from perdomo. About 1/2 inch into the burn, the sweetness has increased a touch as the coffee notes come to the foreground. There are still notes of cocoa lingering in the background as well as some buttery notes on occasion.
This cigar is producing tons of delicious smoke for my eager palate.

Going into the second third the coffee notes become a touch more rich and deep. The sweetness seems to be gaining just a bit more momentum and is really shining. Most of the cocoa notes have faded and been replaced by a earthy note. The balance of sweet and spice is perfect and the body has been consistently medium-full with no harshness at all. It has been awhile since I was last able to sit down while smoking a cigar without having to worry about anything work related. The Cuban bullet 2.0 Maduro was the prefect choice for tonight's smoke.
Ash held to around 1.5" before falling off and was a nice salt and pepper color.

The final third doesn't see any real additions to the flavor profile but the way they present themselves has changed a bit. I can honestly say that the flavors were enjoyable enough I'm glad they didn't change too much. This is one of those sticks that is complex, not so much in the amount of flavors, but in the presentation of its flavors through the burn. There were some faint hints of cinnamon in the final third. They hung out in the background serving as backup for the coffee, earth, and sweet spice that danced around on my palate.
As you would expect from anything perdomo, the construction is superb all the way down to the perfect draw. Flavor is excellent and consistent through the 3 samples I smoked before writing the review. If you like the perdomo lot 23, then you are sure to like the Cuban bullet 2.0 as well. A I stated before I have never had a Perdomo cigar that didn't perform or wasn't enjoyable to smoke. The price point on these is around 3.75 per stick or you can grab a box of 20 for around 60 bucks, which makes them an excellent value. Can find more information on Perdomo cigars and their blends at Perdomocigars.com and you can find them on twitter Nick and Janine both interact with fans and friends on twitter and are a lot of fun to talk to. They are huge Alabama fans ( I don't hold it against them) so if you like to talk Alabama football give them a shout.
Here are the links to the single, box, and five pack in robusto size on Stogieboys.com

box

single cigar

5 pack








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment